Traditional family fun is planned this coming bonfire weekend at the cosy hotel in the Cotswolds, with its Bonfire Night Experience. Perfect for a family fun weekend away together, with a traditional bonfire, stunning fireworks, treacle toffee, roaring log fires and piping hot chocolate.
Set in 65 acres of landscaped gardens, undulating meadows and ancient woodland, the Old Swan and Minster Mill is a perfect bolthole to appreciate autumn in its full glory. The aroma of good mulled wine, the distinctive fog of gunpowder and bonfire on a cold November night followed by a wickedly calorific home-made pudding is what Guy Fawkes weekend is all about and at The Old Swan & Minster Mill, families will be assured of just that!
The Guy Fawkes package available 2nd November ’13 and includes:
- Cream tea on arrival
- Accommodation in the Minster Mill for two nights with full English breakfast
- Walk and guided tour of Minster Lovell, Saturday morning
- Entrance to the bonfire, fireworks and warm spiced mulled wine (hot chocolate for our younger guests)
- £25 Spa gift voucher (subject to terms and conditions)
- High tea for children under six years on Saturday
- Tickets to Cotswold Wildlife Park for families booking a Guy Fawkes stay
Rooms start from £165 per person sharing Minster Garden Room – £175 per person sharing a Minster Garden. Family Rooms – £250 per night (two adults, two children). Prices include VAT.
The weekend includes a guided two-hour walk on Saturday morning with historian Graham Kew, alternatively a visit to the Cotswold Wildlife Park is a must. Small children can create their very own Guy Fawkes painting followed by high tea. The highlight of the weekend, the lighting of the bonfire gets underway at 7pm when the whole family can warm up with traditional hot chocolate, warm mulled wine, toffee apples and bonfire toffee. The firework spectacular will set the night sky alight at 8pm.
To make reservations, call 01993 774441, visit website or email email@example.com.